Multi-user for Shared iOS Devices
Sharing mobile devices across multiple users with personalised settings and data
MobileIron multi-user capability
• Deploy shared devices at scale
• Support fast switching between users
• Provide continuous security during and between use
• Push user-specific settings for apps, email, connectivity, and other policies, while retaining shared settings
• Minimize helpdesk requests
• Support iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
The largest companies in the world trust MobileIron® as their foundation for Mobile IT. Available as a highly-scalable on-premise or cloud solution, MobileIron was purpose-built to secure and manage mobile apps, documents, and devices. MobileIron was the first to deliver key innovations such as multi-OS mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), and BYOD privacy.
MobileIron’s multi-user capability is a recent innovation that allows organizations across industries to deploy iOS devices for use by multiple individuals:
- Education: iPads are becoming the new standard of computing in the classroom. New curricula rely on each student having tablet access to learn, review, and test. Fast switching between students is essential because one device can be used by many students during the course of just one day.
- Healthcare: Mobile is improving patient care and operational efficiency. In hospitals and clinics, multiple medical professionals will use the same device. Because of the sensitivity of healthcare data, the device must always remain under management with enforced security policies even between users.
- Retail: Mobile apps are changing point-of-sales and logistics processes for retailers. These apps generally run on corporate-owned devices shared by multiple end users. Because turnover across the employee base can be quite high, multi-user capabilities must be easy to use and require minimal training.
- Hospitality: Mobile is taking paper out of the property management process.Connectivity settings are usually shared across shift-based users, but apps and email settings are user-specific. Both need to be managed seamlessly.
Speed, security, and personalization are the core requirements for a scalable multi-user mobile deployment. Traditional approaches that un-enroll and re-enroll the entire device, instead of just the user, are slow, not secure, and complex to troubleshoot. The MobileIron approach is fast, secure, and simple for the user and is part of the MobileIron Advanced Management and Connected Cloud solutions.
Want to find out more contact mobileUbiquity